Please read the following carefully and click on “I agree with the terms below” when you are ready to proceed.
AGREEMENT OF RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In consideration of and as inducement for my enrollment as a student in the Yoga Classes, Health Programs, or Workshops (hereinafter the “Programs”) offered by Beyond Hot Yoga/Bikram Yoga Centreville (hereinafter “BHY/BYC”), I hereby understand and further agree that:
1. There are inherent risks involved in the Programs, including the risk of serious physical injury and death and I fully assume all risks associated with the Programs, including, but not limited to the following: intensive physical activity and exertion, causation or aggravation of a physical injury or medical condition, lack of warnings or inadequate warnings, lack of instructions, inadequate instructions, or my failure to follow instructions, slipping from slippery surfaces such as mats or floors, equipment failure, and the like. I am fully aware of and accept the risks and hazards involved, and agree to assume full responsibility for any risks, conditions, injuries, or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur or aggravate as a result of my participating in the Programs.
2. It is my responsibility to consult with health care professionals, including, but not limited to a physician, prior to and regarding my participation in the Programs.
I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical condition or injury, which would prevent my full participation in the Programs.
3. I, for myself, and my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators, and legal representatives hereby knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly release and discharge BHY/BYC, its’ Affiliates, Members, Officers, Directors, Agents, Owners, Servants, Employees, Independent Contractors, Bikram Choudhury, or the landlord of any premises at which BHY/BYC may operate for damages for personal injury or property damage sustained by me during my use of, presence in, and/or participation in the BYC facilities, equipment, and Programs.
4. I, for myself, and my heirs, assigns, successors, executors, administrators, and legal representatives hereby forever release, waive, and covenant not to sue/hold
responsible BHY/BYC, its’ Affiliates, Members, Officers, Directors, Agents, Owners, Servants, Employees, Independent Contractors, Bikram Choudhury, or the landlord of any premises at which BHY/BYC may operate for 1) Any injuries suffered by me caused in whole or in any part by my failure or refusal to follow the instructions of you or your instructors, or by any physical impairment of mine and 2) Any injuries, condition, or death which arises, is caused by, or Is aggravated by reason of my participating in the Programs.
5. It is my continuing responsibility to inform the instructors at BHY/BYC of any medical conditions, injuries, or surgeries prior to my first class and such other times as I
acquire information as to the same.
6. Except for a possible monetary refund, I have no claim against BHY/BYC, or the landlord of the premises, by reason of their refusal to allow me to participate in the Programs.
7. The tuition paid herewith and such registration fees paid hereafter are non-refundable; refunds, if any, shall be entirely within the sole discretion of BHY/BYC. Also, I agree that if I bring any personal property to BHY/BYC premises, and I store or leave any personal property at the premises, I will do so at my own risk and that none of the Releases shall have any liability in the event of loss, damage, unauthorized use (by any person other than a Release), theft, or injury resulting to the personal property.
8. I represent and warrant that I am competent and have full authority to consent to the terms herein without the consent or approval of any other party, and BHY/BYC may rely on this representation.
9. Scanned versions of this Agreement shall serve as an original.
I have read the above release and waiver of liability and fully understand its’ contents. I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above and acknowledge that BHY/BYC would not agree to permit me to participate in any of its programs if I chose not to.